Even before omicron, coronavirus posed little risks of terrible illness or death to most of the public. Those most at risk were always the elderly and others with fundamental conditions. But for the previous two years, anyone who made this point was accused of downplaying the danger and possibly harming the lives of others.
Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the CDC, learned that the difficult way this weekend when she admitted during her interview that 75% of coronavirus deaths among vaccinated people happened in people with four or more comorbidities, or “people who were not well to begin with.”
Unsurprisingly, Walensky was met with the normal “So you want these people to die!” refrain, leading her to give a halfhearted apology:
Walensky was right and her point proves how crucial vaccination is for people with underlying conditions. But I would also argue that people who are unvaccinated, as well as the vaccinated people, face minimal risks from coronavirus if they don’t have comorbidities.
Just look at these death statistics. Healthy people without any serious problems, regardless of their vaccination statuses, rarely have serious cases of coronavirus. In fact, a new study by the CDC discovered that only 5% of COVID-19 deaths had the virus as the only reason for death. That means the other 95% were because of some other condition, like obesity, cancer, or heart disease along with coronavirus.
The data shows an immune system that is not compromised and is taken care of can withstand the virus. Those at risk are free to take whatever measures they think are needed. But everyone else has to get on with their lives and not live in fear of the virus.
This comes at a time when Americans are becoming angry and tired over Democrats’ increased attempts at control in connection to covid-19. It has become obvious that they want to takeover as much of America’s daily life and Washington’s power structure as they can. In fact they have a saying that has become popular: Never let a good crisis go to waste.
To learn how you can use Content.ad to drive visitors to your content or add this service to your site, please contact us at [email protected].
Website owners select the type of content that appears in our units. However, if you would like to ensure that Content.ad always displays family-friendly content on this device, regardless of what site you are on, check the option below. Learn More