According to a recent poll, more than nine in ten Americans are worried about inflation.
Over 1,000 people responded to the poll, which was done by ABC News and The Washington Post between April 24-28. When it came to the impact of skyrocketing prices on individuals’ lives, 94 percent of Americans were either “concerned” or “upset.”
“When considering the current rate of inflation, which means increasing prices – are you upset, concerned but not upset, or not concerned,” respondents were asked. “Considering the present rate of inflation, do you feel this is something you are angry about, worried about but not upset over?” Some 44% of adult Americans said they were “upset.” Another 50% felt they were “concerned yet not upset,” and only 6 percent said they were “not concerned.”
Biden’s job performance was underwater by 10 percent, according to a recent poll. Biden’s overall approval rating was at 42%; 52% of respondents disapproved. Biden’s job performance was split evenly: 21% strongly approved and 21% somewhat approved of Biden’s performance. Respondents who approved of Joe Biden were split: 20% strongly approved, while 20% somewhat disapproved. Respondents who disapproved were considerably more intense in their dislike for Biden: 42% of people strongly disapproved, whereas only 10% somewhat disapproved.
On a personal level, Biden’s approval was considerably lower. He received a positive evaluation on his pandemic response, with 43% disapproval and 51% approval, but he was also underwater on every other question. On the Russian attack on Ukraine, 42% of people approved while 47% of responders disapproved. In terms of job creation, 41 percent of Americans approved Biden’s performance, whereas 46 percent did not. Biden’s handling of the American economy got an approval rating of 38%, with 57 percent disapproval. His approach to international issues got a net favorability rating of -20 points: only 38 percent said they had favorable opinions about him while 57 percent had unfavorable ones.
Just 28% of Americans approved of Biden’s handling on inflation, while 68% disapproved.
In a poll released earlier today, 58 percent of likely voters said they support one of the three major parties in the 2020 presidential election. On specific issues, respondents were asked which political party they trusted more and found that GOP members had double-digit leading numbers on several key topics. On economic matters, 50% of Americans sided with the GOP compared to 36% who sided with Democrats.
To learn how you can use Content.ad to drive visitors to your content or add this service to your site, please contact us at [email protected].
Website owners select the type of content that appears in our units. However, if you would like to ensure that Content.ad always displays family-friendly content on this device, regardless of what site you are on, check the option below. Learn More